Contributed by Yarmouth Historical Society
The spur tracks laid down below these men's feet allowed the transportation of wood as well as black ash from one building to another at the Forest Paper Company in Yarmouth.
These men probably managed black ash, which was a byproduct of pulp production.
About This Item
- Title: Forest Paper Co. workers on railbed, Yarmouth, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Third Falls
- Town: Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 16 cm
- Local Code: 1997.46.4
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Yarmouth Historical Society
118 East Elm St., PO Box 107, Yarmouth, ME 04096
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Paper industry
- Lumber industry--Maine--Yarmouth
- Forest Paper Company (Yarmouth, Me.)
- Pulp mills--Maine--Yarmouth
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.