Post Office Square, Bangor, ca. 1938
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Post Office Square, Bangor, Maine." This square is located at the junction of State and Harlow streets and was originally called "post office hill." The Post Office was built after the fire of 1911. The Baptist church, which burned in the fire, stood in the same location previously. It was originally known as the Federal Building which housed Federal Offices as well as the Post Office. The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1930-1945.