Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Fort Western and Block House, built 1754, Augusta, Maine." Fort Western was built as a trading post along the Kennebec River.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard about 1930-1945. It was part of the Tichnor Brothers Maine series of postcards that they created to bolster tourism, in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Fort Western and Block House, Augusta, ca. 1938
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.