Fort Western and Block House, Augusta, ca. 1938
Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The caption reads, "Fort Western and Block House, built 1754, Augusta, Maine." Fort Western was built as a trading post along the Kennebec River.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard about 1930-1945. It was part of the Tichnor Brothers Maine series of postcards that they created to bolster tourism, in Maine.
- Title: Fort Western and Block House, Augusta, ca. 1938
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions (cm): 9 x 14
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.