Maine Turnpike underpass, Kennebunkport, ca. 1950
Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A postcard promoting tourism and car travel in Maine. The caption reads, "Old Alfred Road Underpass at No. Kennebunkport, Maine on the Maine Turnpike."
The Maine Turnpike was created to facilitate easier travel by car between Kittery and Fort Kent and officially opened in 1947.
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard beginning in the 1930s as part of their Maine series. These postcards are officially known as the Tichnor Gloss Series.
- Title: Maine Turnpike underpass, Kennebunkport, ca. 1950
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Town: Kennebunkport
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings