Contributed by Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library
Nathaniel French wrote to Maine Surgeon General Dr. Alonzo Garcelon of Lewiston about circumstances at the Portland regimental hospital.
He was especially concerned about three men who went into the city without permission and how they were to be dealt with. He wanted them sent to Augusta, but was unable to do so because John L. Hodsdon, the adjutant general, apparently needed to approve such transfers.
French also wrote about bills to be paid.
About This Item
- Title: Nathaniel French to Alonzo Garcelon on Portland hospital, 1862
- Creator: French, Nathaniel
- Creation Date: 1862-02-05
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: MC106
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library
Bates College, 70 Campus Avenue, Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military leaves and furloughs
- Medicine Military
- Surgery United States Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military hospitals