Contributed by Waterville Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Waterville station was an important hub for the Maine Central Railroad. The station, located on College Avenue, saw trains come in from four lines, Augusta, Lewiston, Bangor, and Skowheagan. This photo captures the station as it looked around the turn of the 20th century.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Central Railroad Waterville station, ca. 1900
- Creator: Sawtelle, Frank B.
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Waterville
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.8 cm x 12.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Waterville Public Library
73 Elm Street, Waterville, ME 04901