Notice of freight shipped to Washington, 1863
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Maine Agency Sanitary Commission office in Portland frequently sent notices to the Washington office of what freight it had shipped there. The freight included soldiers' packages from home, items for officers and items for hospitals. The contents of the boxes are not detailed.
The Portland office paid the freight for the items.
The U.S. Sanitary Commission, of which the Maine office was an official state branch, took care of various needs of soldiers and their families.
- Title: Notice of freight shipped to Washington, 1863
- Creator: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- Creation Date: 1863-04-13
- Subject Date: 1863
- Town: Washington
- State: DC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 24.6 x 19.4
- Local Code: Coll. 1533, Box 1/1
- Collection: Maine Agency Sanitary Commission
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.