Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The "new" Portland High School building that was added onto the old building in 1919 included classrooms for academic subjects as well as the industrial arts.
The building was designed in part by Miller & Mayo Architectural firm of Portland. The general contractor was John Cunningham Co.
The building allowed expansion of the home economics, industrial arts, and physical education programs.
About This Item
- Title: Auto repair class, Portland High School, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 249, Box 1
- Collection: Beal, DePeter, Ward, Inc. architectural drawings
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.