Spruce budworm spraying, 1979
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This C-54 spray plane is spraying a section of Maine's forest. In 1979 the spruce budworm attacked the spruces and made them unsuitable for use by the timber industry. The pesticide used to control the budworm was Sevin-4.
- Title: Spruce budworm spraying, 1979
- Creator: United Press International
- Creation Date: 1979
- Subject Date: 1979
- State: ME
- Media: Black and white photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 20 x 26
- Local Code: Coll. 1880 1/4
- Collection: United Press International (UPI)
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
Have a similar item and want it appraised? Check our Note on Appraisals.