Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This sampler was created at Miss Rea's School in Portland in 1838. Munjoy Hill and the Portland Observatory are painted in.
"By Sarah J. Moore August 1838" is painted onto the piece.
About This Item
- Title: Moore Memorial embroidery, Portland, 1838
- Creator: Moore, Sarah Jane
- Creation Date: 1838
- Subject Date: 1838
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Silk, watercolor, printers type, photo transp.
- Dimensions: 85 cm x 90 cm
- Local Code: A86-719
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Children sewing--Maine--Portland
- Moore, Sarah Jane (1818-1881)--Embroidery
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.