Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Jesse B. Allen, right, and George H. Libby of Portland, soldiers in Company A, 12th Infantry Maine volunteers, pose in a photograph taken in December 1861.
Allen enlisted Nov. 16, 1861, Libby enlisted Nov. 20, 1861.
Both were wounded later in the war, Allen at Winchester, Virginia, on September 19, 1864, and Libby in 1863.
Libby was discharged for disability in August 1863; Allen was discharged in December 1864.
About This Item
- Title: George H. Libby and Jesse B. Allen, 1861
- Creation Date: 1861
- Subject Date: 1861
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 21 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 1 ; A73-30-27
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories--Maine, 12th (1861-1864)--Portraits
- Allen, Jesse B.--Portrait photographs
- Military personnel
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Military personnel
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.