Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Maine Camp Hospital Association gave a concert at Portland City Hall as a benefit to help support its activities to assist Maine soldiers during the American Civil War.
The group sent supplies to soldiers and sent agents along to insure the supplies arrived. The group began at Free Street Baptist Church in Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Concert Program, Maine Camp Hospital Association, ca. 1865
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Coll. S-61
- Collection: Maine Camp Hospital Association records
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fund raising--Maine--Portland.
- Maine Camp Hospital Association.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Charitable organizations.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.