Contributed by Maine Historical Society
E Waite and three others members of the Aged Brotherhood of Portland signed a request to furnish member Joshua Dunn with a half ton of coal.
The Brotherhood's members were 65 years and older and "of good moral character." The club's funds were used to help members in need.
About This Item
- Title: Request for help with coal, Portland, 1876
- Creator: Waite, Edward
- Creation Date: 1876-04-15
- Subject Date: 1876-04-15
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. S-397, Box 159/24
- Collection: Aged Brotherhood of the City of Portland records
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Aged Brotherhood of the City of Portland (Portland, Me.)
- Fraternal organizations--Maine--Portland
- Portland (Me.)--Societies, etc.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.