Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Charles H. Ring of Newport, the son of Almond and Mary Ring, was a musician in Co. E of the 16th Maine Regiment during the Civil War.
Ring was killed at the battle of Antietam, November 30, 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Charles H. Ring, Newport, ca. 1862
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- State: ME
- Media: Tintype
- Local Code: 2007.215.010
- Collection: Vickery-Shettleworth collection of early Maine photography
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine--Infantry regiment, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits
- United States. History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maine--Infantry regiment, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits
- Maine--History--Infantry regiments, 16th (1861-1865)--Portraits
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.