Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Frederick F. Talbot, an insurance agent in Portland, dressed as a painting by Hans Holbein the Younger (1497–1543) for an "Exhibition of Pictures" at First Parish Church in Portland on Dec. 15, 1923.
The painting is Thomas Howard, Third Duke of Norfolk, which Holbein painted in 1540.
The First Parish event featured 29 people dressed as noted paintings. Their performances were accompanied by historical information about the paintings and music.
About This Item
- Title: Frederick Talbot as 'Portrait of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk,' 1923
- Creator: Tisdale Studio, Portland
- Creation Date: 1923-12-15
- Subject Date: 1923-12-15
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland-Churches--First Parish
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Exhibitions & displays
- Holbein, Hans, 1497-1543
- Norfolk, Thomas Howard, Duke of, 1473-1554--Portrayals
- Talbot, Frederick F.--Performances
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Social aspects
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--Performances
- Norfolk, Thomas Howard, Duke of, 1473-1554--Portraits
- First Parish Church (Portland, Me.)--People
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.