Henry St. John Smith 'Belfield,' Cape Elizabeth, ca. 1890
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
View of the Henry St. John Smith home in Cape Elizabeth. Smith was a banker and world traveler.
John Calvin Stevens designed this building around 1890 in the shingle style for which he was noted.
- Title: Henry St. John Smith 'Belfield,' Cape Elizabeth, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Cape Elizabeth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 1994.1000.26, Box 37 fl. 5; Record 812.4
- Collection: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Architecture, Domestic--Shingle Style--Maine
Smith, Henry St. John, 1852-1896--Homes and haunts--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
Stevens, John Calvin