Contributed by Hampden Historical Society
Riverside Park opened in June, 1898 on the high banks of the Penobscot River at Hampden. People could enter the park by canoe or boat from a slip at the river's edge. After docking their boats people climbed a flight of stairs and crossed a ravine to the park entrance.
About This Item
- Title: The entrance to Riverside Park from the Penobscot, Hampden, circa 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Riverside Park
- Town: Hampden
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Riverside Park from canoe #6
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Hampden Historical Society
PO Box 456, Hampden, ME 04444
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.