Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A team of horses in front of the Maine State Prison on Main Street in Thomaston in about 1915.
The postcard is addressed to Mr. W.F. Burnham in New York City.
The message reads, "Feb. 3 1915 Dear Will I was looking for a letter from you Monday but I didn't get any monday nor tuesday night. I am going up tonight I do hope I will get one. It is snowing quite heard here to day and has been since yesterday Love to you from Beulah."
About This Item
- Title: Maine State Prison, Thomaston, ca. 1915
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating and Publishing Co., Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: 1915-02-03
- Town: Thomaston
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph on postcard
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 13.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4014
- Collection: Postcard collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.