Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Hiram Ricker (1809-1893), the son of Wentworth Ricker and Mary Pottle, helped turn his father's country inn in Poland Spring into a popular late 19th century resort.
He and Janette Wheeler Bolster Ricker had six children, Edward Payson, Alvan Bolster, Cynthia Ella, Hiram Weston, Sarah Little, and Janette Maria.
All but Cynthia, who married Oliver Marsh and moved to Boston, were involved in operating the resort.
About This Item
- Title: Hiram Ricker, Poland Spring, ca. 1885
- Creator: Curtis & Ross, Lewiston
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893--Portrait photographs
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.