Deer Isle, ca. 1935
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
An aerial view of Deer Isle and Little Deer Isle and in the distance are the smaller islands of Carney and Stave. In 1938 bridges were built to connect Deer Isle and Little Deer Isle to route 172, which opened up the island communities to the mainland.
- Title: Deer Isle, ca. 1935
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Deer Isle
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions (cm): 12.7 x 17.8
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.A55
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.