Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Auto racing at Old Orchard Beach began in 1911. The start and finish line was the pier. Googins' Rocks was the southernmost turning point.
The car in this image sports an E-M-F insignia, indicating a car manufactured by the Everitt-Metzger-Flanders Company.
About This Item
- Title: Race car, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1922
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: circa 1922
- Subject Date: circa 1922
- Local Name: Googins' Rocks
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.1049
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.