Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A July 4 parade with elaborate floats and a variety of costumed participants was a tradition at the Western Maine Sanatorium at Hebron.
Patients who were well enough could participate in the parade and games and other events that followed. Others watched from the sleeping porches at their cottages.
About This Item
- Title: July 4 parade, Western Maine Sanatorium, 1929
- Creator: Wadleigh, Merle G.
- Creation Date: 1929-07-04
- Subject Date: 1929-07-04
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6 cm x 10.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2111, Vol. 2
- Collection: Madeline S. Brown Wadleigh photograph albums
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.