Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Children's Cottage at the Western Maine Sanatorium on Greenwood Mountain in Hebron.
All of the tuberculosis treatment sleeping quarters at the facility were built on the same general design with winds on each side and sleeping porches.
The facility, which opened in 1904, was privately operated as the Maine State Sanatorium, until the state took over operation in 1915 and renamed the Western Maine Sanatorium.
About This Item
- Title: Children's Cottage, Western Maine Sanatorium, 1928
- Creator: Wadleigh, Merle G.
- Creation Date: 1928
- Subject Date: 1928
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.2 cm x 10.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2111, Vol. 2
- Collection: Madeline S. Brown Wadleigh photograph albums
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.