Contributed by Maine State Archives
Edgar E. Rounds, a Republican state representative from Portland, wrote to Martina Sisk at the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron to report that the Cumberland County Committee had voted to not oppose funding for the sanatorium.
He wrote, "While we think the Sanitorium is doing great work, there is some question in my mind about the management of it."
The privately operated tuberculosis treatment facility relied on state funds for indigent patients and other activities.
About This Item
- Title: Letter withdrawing sanatorium opposition, 1909
- Creator: Rounds, Edgar E.
- Creation Date: 1909-02-08
- Subject Date: 1909-02-08
- Town: Augusta, Hebron
- County: Kennebeck, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 2/1909, February 1-10
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Rounds, Edgar E.--Correspondence
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Sick persons
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Sisk, Martina--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.