Contributed by Maine State Archives
Jennie Y. Small of Denmark reported on her temperature, appetite and overall health to Dr. Estes Nichols, medical superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron. She was about 26 years old.
Small, a former patient at the tuberculosis hospital, apparently was continuing her treatment at home and reporting in regularly to the doctor. She noted that she continued to sleep outside at night.
Fresh air, a high calorie diet and rest were the main ingredients of the treatment at the sanatorium.
About This Item
- Title: Former patient report on condition, 1908
- Creator: Small, Jennie Y.
- Creation Date: 1908-11-30
- Subject Date: 1908-11-30
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Denmark, Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 1/1908, November 15-30
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Small, Jennie Y.--Correspondence
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Sick persons
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
- Small, Jennie Y.--Health
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.