Contributed by Maine Historic Preservation Commission
The Leigh Chamberlin Memorial administration building at the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron.
The building at the privately operated tuberculosis sanatorium was given by Eleazer D. Chamberlin as a memorial to his son, Leigh W. Chamberlin. It was built in 1906.
The image is from a promotional booklet the hospital used to raise money and garner support.
About This Item
- Title: Leigh Chamberlin Memorial building, Maine State Sanatorium, Hebron, ca. 1909
- Creator: Shaylor Engraving Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1909
- Subject Date: circa 1909
- Local Name: Greenwood Mountain
- Town: Hebron
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Engraving
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historic Preservation Commission
55 Capitol Street, 65 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0065
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Chamberlin, Leigh W.--Commemoration
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.