Contributed by Maine State Archives
Mrs. Charles (Lutie) Eaton of Kennebunkport wrote a plea to Dr. Estes Nichols, superintendent of the Maine State Sanatorium in Hebron, to ask him to operate on the nose of her son George, a tuberculosis patient at the hospital.
Mrs. Eaton noted that George, who was 16, had done well at the hospital, but that the family had no further money to pay for his care. She hoped for an operation at as small a cost as possible and to continue George's care at home.
The privately run hospital frequently received requests for reduced rates.
About This Item
- Title: Request for help with Sanatorium costs, 1908
- Creator: Eaton, Lutie
- Creation Date: 1908-10-12
- Subject Date: 1908-10-12
- Town: Hebron, Kennebunkport
- County: Oxford, York
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: 2613-076, Box 1/1908, October 1-15
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Archives
84 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0084
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Eaton, George--Health
- Western Maine Sanatorium
- Sick persons
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Hebron
- Maine State Sanatorium
- Eaton, Lutie--Correspondence
- Nichols, Estes--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.