Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Two-story housing units at the Long Creek housing project in South Portland.
The structures were built for families of shipyard workers during World War II.
At the end of the war, the buildings were removed and several were rebuilt on college campuses.
About This Item
- Title: Long Creek housing, South Portland, 1946
- Creator: Portland Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1946-02-08
- Subject Date: 1946-02-08
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 23.4 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Dwellings
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.