Long Creek housing, South Portland, 1946
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Two-story housing units at the Long Creek housing project in South Portland.
The structures were built for families of shipyard workers during World War II.
At the end of the war, the buildings were removed and several were rebuilt on college campuses.
- Title: Long Creek housing, South Portland, 1946
- Creator: Portland Evening Express
- Creation Date: 1946-02-08
- Subject Date: 1946-02-08
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 18 x 23.4
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Dwellings
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.