Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Liberty Ship Isaac Sharpless at Pier 1 East at the West Division of the South Portland Shipbuilding Corp. on Feb. 20, 1943.
The ship was chartered by the Army Transportation Service and could hold 550 troops.
The company built Liberty Ships for the U.S. Maritime Commission during World War II.
About This Item
- Title: Isaac Sharpless, South Portland, 1943
- Creator: Stanley Dana Corp., Portland
- Creation Date: 1943-02-20
- Subject Date: 1943
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Boat & Ship Building
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.