Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Col. Charles Lindbergh stops to pay a visit to Old Orchard Beach on July 26, 1927 as part of his celebratory flight around the country after his historic transatlantic flight.
Harry Jones is pointing something out to Lindbergh. On the right is a reporter, Philip Payne of the New York Daily Mirror, and on the left is a local police officer.
Jones operated an airport and flying service in Old Orchard from 1919-1933.
About This Item
- Title: Col. Lindbergh, Old Orchard Beach, 1927
- Creation Date: 1927-07-26
- Subject Date: 1927-07-26
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p043_001
- Collection: Harry Jones Scrapbook Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Air pilots
- Harry Jones Flying Service (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
- Jones, Harry M., 1890-1973--Friends & associates
- Lindbergh, Charles A. (Charles Augustus), 1902-1974
- Newspaper reporters
- Runways (Aeronautics)
- Spirit of St. Louis (Airplane)
- Transatlantic flights
- Transcontinental flights
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.