St. Elizabeth's Home, Portland, ca. 1920
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
St. Elizabeth's Orphan Asylum at 87 High Street in Portland.
The Sisters of Mercy started St. Elizabeths Home in 1873. In 1887, when the diocese took it over, it was renamed St. Elizabeths Catholic Orphan Asylum.
In 1968 it became know as St. Elizabeths Child Development Center.