Contributed by Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The photo of the Curtiss JN-4C plane owned by pilot Harry Jones of Old Orchard, was taken on beach at Old Orchard.
Jones (1890-1973), a native of Rhode Island, operated an airport at Old Orchard from 1919-1933.
About This Item
- Title: Curtiss JN-4C, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1927
- Creation Date: circa 1927
- Subject Date: circa 1927
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: HJScr3_p013_004
- Collection: Harry Jones Scrapbook #3
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Old Orchard Beach Historical Society
P.O. Box 464, Old Orchard, ME 04064
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Old Orchard Beach (Me.)
- Air pilots--Maine
- Harry Jones Flying Service (Old Orchard Beach, Me.)
- Curtiss aircraft
- Airports--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- Jones, Harry M., 1890-1973--Associated objects
- Runways (Aeronautics)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.