Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A notice of food and lodging services for victims of the Portland fire of 1866 is dated the day after the fire, July 5, 1866.
About This Item
- Title: Notice of services for fire victims, Portland, 1866
- Creator: Monitor Printing Rooms
- Creation Date: 1866-07-05
- Subject Date: 1866-07-04
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 43 cm
- Local Code: Broadside 185
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fireworks--Accidents and injuries
- Great Fire of Portland, 1866 (Me.)
- Portland (Me.)--Fire, 1866
- Notice to all! All persons rendered homeless by the fire, are hereby notified that at the Old City Hall, a Committee of Citizens will be found in attendance, who will direct where food and lodgings can be procured, and citizens are requested to send cooked provisions to that place as soon as possible, in large supply. July 5th, 1866. Monitor Printing Rooms, 174 Middle Street, Portland.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.