Contributed by Mark & Emily Turner Memorial Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This shows the corner of Bridge and Main Streets (later, State and Main), looking west. On the left corner is the P. S. Cyr Company clothing store (later Green's Clothing). Note also the drop-axel wagons loaded with barrels full of potatoes on Bridge Street headed to the starch factory on the west side of the Presque Isle Stream.
source: "Art Work of Aroostook County, Maine," v. 9, W. H. Parish Publishing Co., Chicago, 1895.
About This Item
- Title: Bridge Street, Presque Isle, 1895
- Creator: W. H. Parish Publishing Co.
- Creation Date: 1895
- Subject Date: 1895
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: REF917.4 Rare
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Mark & Emily Turner Memorial Library
39 Second Street, Presque Isle, ME 04769
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- State Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Main Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Presque Isle
- P.S. Cyr Company (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Streets--Maine--Presque Isle
- Bridge Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Presque Isle
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.