John G. Dillingham to Margaret Dillingham, December 14, 1861
Contributed by Freeport Historical Society
Capt. John G. Dillingham writes from Hamburg, Germany, that the cargo is discharged and the ballast nearly loaded.
He plans to sail for New York or Bath, Maine, and mentions his dread of winter passage westward across the Atlantic Ocean.
He talks about brothers-in-law as well as their son, John Monroe Dillingham. He also writes about Freeport news and gifts for the family.
- Title: John G. Dillingham to Margaret Dillingham, December 14, 1861
- Creator: Dillingham, John Griffin
- Creation Date: 1861-12-14
- Subject Date: 1861
- Town: Bath, Freeport, Hamburg, New York
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, NY
- Media: paper
- Local Code: 1861-12-14 JGD to MDD letter
- Collection: Dillingham family papers, Coll 135
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Freeport Historical Society
45 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Dillingham, John G. (John Griffen), 1808-1869--Correspondence
Clothing and dress
Recruiting and enlistment
Dillingham, Margaret Dennison, 1818-1878--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.