Mellie Dunham making snowshoes, ca. 1925
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Mellie Dunham of Norway, Maine, made snowshoes, notably making 60 pairs of snowshoes for Commodore Robert Peary for an expedition to the North Pole.
- Title: Mellie Dunham making snowshoes, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Norway
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 8.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.11761
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.