Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Mellie Dunham of Norway, Maine, made snowshoes, notably making 60 pairs of snowshoes for Commodore Robert Peary for an expedition to the North Pole.
About This Item
- Title: Mellie Dunham making snowshoes, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Norway
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 8.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.11761
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.