Union Free Meeting House, Bingham
The Union Free Meeting House in Bingham Village was dedicated on October 20, 1836. A Revere bell was purchased and installed in the belfry in 1863. A parsonage was added around 1905, after this photograph was taken. The stables, where horses were kept during meetings, are visible here beyond the church. The meeting house was used by the Congregational Church, which had been organized in Bingham in 1805, and also by the Methodist Church. The Congregationalists built a new church on Meadow Street in Bingham Village in 1895 and the Methodists took over the building. The Meeting House is now owned by the Town of Bingham and is used on Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and on other occasions by arrangement.