Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Sophia Sewall Munroe (1788-1878), granddaughter of Nathaniel Barrell, who built this home in York, painted the watercolor of the scene in about 1800.
Sally Sayward Barrell Keating Wood, Nathaniel Barrell's daughter, grew up in the house and frequently returned there as an adult.
About This Item
- Title: Barrell Grove, York, 1800
- Creator: Munroe, Sophia Sewall
- Creation Date: circa 1800
- Subject Date: circa 1800
- Town: York
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Watercolor
- Dimensions: 43 cm x 37 cm
- Local Code: 2005.053.001
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Munroe, Sophia Sewall, 1788-1878--Associated objects
- Munroe, Sophia Sewall, 1788-1878--Homes and haunts-Maine--York
- Barrell family--Homes and haunts--Maine--York
- Wood, Sally Sayward Barrell Keating, 1759-1855--Homes and haunts--Maine--York
- Barrell, Nathaniel, 1732-1851--Homes and haunts--Maine--York
- Women authors--Maine
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.