Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This photograph was taken July 29, 1983 at Scott Nearing's Harborside farm home.
Nearing and his wife, Helen, were noted for their books on ecology, including, Living the Good Life: How to Live Simply and Sanely in a Troubled World.
Nearing died August 24, 1983. He was 100.
Gene Willman, the photographer, worked for the Kennebec Journal. The cut line reads: "esw/Gene Willman.
About This Item
- Title: Scott Nearing, Harborside, 1983
- Creator: Willman, Gene
- Creation Date: 1983-07-29
- Subject Date: 1983-07-29
- Town: Harborside
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880 Box 8 Folder 8 (August 1983)
- Collection: United Press International (UPI)
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.