Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
World War I poster entitled, "They signal "Send books" Good books left at the public library will be sent "over there" and to our men in camp everywhere," showing soldiers and sailors using semaphore to signal with flags, ca. 1917.
About This Item
- Title: Book solitication poster, ca. 1917
- Creator: H. C. Miner Litho Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Media: Ink on paper, poster
- Dimensions: 98 cm x 63 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 463, World War 1 Poster collection, #1039
- Collection: WPA broadsides relating to Maine, Massachusetts, and World War I
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.