Lafayette Elm, Kennebunk, ca. 1900
Contributed by Kennebunk Free Library
This giant elm tree on Storer Street, shown in the middle of the photo, was named the "Lafayette Elm" to commemorate the famous visit of General Lafayette to Kennebunk in 1825. It died from Dutch Elm Blight in the mid 1900s.
- Title: Lafayette Elm, Kennebunk, ca. 1900
- Creator: Moody, Albion
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Kennebunk
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Contact print from glass negative
- Dimensions (cm): 12.7 x 20.3
- Local Code: Joy 1112
- Collection: Ken Joy collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.