Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Black and white photograph of Charles Woodbury shows the artist with a portrait of himself in the background.
Woodbury (1864-1940) was a noted American artist whose art school in Ogunquit from 1898-1917 and 1924 to 1941 helped spur the growth of the Ogunquit art community.
About This Item
- Title: Charles Woodbury, Ogunquit, 1937
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1937-07-11
- Subject Date: 1937-07-11
- Town: Ogunquit
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553
- Collection: Whitney, George Herbert Interesting Interviews
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.