Models, Ogunquit School of Painting and Sculpture, 1937
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Aza Gifkin, left, and Rose Godwin were models for the Ogunquit School of Painting and Sculpture.
G. Herbert Whitney took the photo on July 11, 1937, accompanying his wife, Emmie Bailey Whitney, who was a writer and editor at the Lewiston Journal Saturday Magazine.
Her story about Charles Woodbury and about the School of Painting and Sculpture appeared in the newspaper August 7, 1937.
- Title: Models, Ogunquit School of Painting and Sculpture, 1937
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1937-07-11
- Subject Date: 1937-07-11
- Town: Ogunquit
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Black and white photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 12 x 17
- Local Code: Coll. 553 No. 1
- Collection: Whitney, George Herbert Interesting Interviews
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.