Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Aza Gifkin, left, and Rose Godwin were models for the Ogunquit School of Painting and Sculpture.
G. Herbert Whitney took the photo on July 11, 1937, accompanying his wife, Emmie Bailey Whitney, who was a writer and editor at the Lewiston Journal Saturday Magazine.
Her story about Charles Woodbury and about the School of Painting and Sculpture appeared in the newspaper August 7, 1937.
About This Item
- Title: Models, Ogunquit School of Painting and Sculpture, 1937
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1937-07-11
- Subject Date: 1937-07-11
- Town: Ogunquit
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 553, No. 1
- Collection: Whitney, George Herbert Interesting Interviews
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.