Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Emmie B. Whitney, left, of Lewiston and Charlotte Millett of Gorham walk through a flooded area with lots of trees down on the tote road leading to Katahdin Trail in 1932. They hiked eight miles toward the foot of Katahdin, wading through the floods and climbing over downed trees and branches.
A large storm had come through on September 17, 1932. At the time many people called it the "worst storm within memory."
About This Item
- Title: At a flooded Katahdin area, September 19,1932
- Creator: Whitney, G. Herbert
- Creation Date: 1932-09-19
- Subject Date: 1932-09-19
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. S-6196 Misc. Box 178/1
- Collection: Millett, Charlotte photograph album
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.