Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map 59 showing "a part of the Kennebeck river, and a line extending from the west side and perpendicular to the general course thereof..."
The land area shown on this map includes Merrymeeting Bay north to Richmond lying along the Kennebec River, and Cathance River to the western side of Merrymeeting Bay. Watercourses include Abagadasset River, Cathance River, Pleasant Pond, and Kennebec River.
This map is part of the collection of maps from the Plymouth Company, one of the early land proprietorships of Maine. On the reverse side of this map is a deposition by Ephraim Ballard, the surveyor, about the truth of the statements presented on this map, dated April 27, 1809.
About This Item
- Title: Kennebec River, June 1798
- Creator: Ballard, Ephraim
- Creation Date: 1798
- Subject Date: 1798
- State: ME
- Media: Ink and wash on paper, map
- Dimensions: 57 cm x 44 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 59
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Plymouth Company, 1749-1816--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.