Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map showing the Mill Grant to Samuel Goodwin, October 24, 1757 on the Eastern River in Dresden.
Part of the Plymouth Company's land grant for the areas 15 miles each side of the Kennebec River. Lots and names on map include, No. 22 Samuel Turnor, No. 21 William Mitchell, No. 20 John McGown, No. 19 Joseph McFarland.
This is map 9 of the collection.
About This Item
- Title: Samuel Goodwin mill grant, Dresden, 1757
- Creator: Plymouth Company (1749-1816)
- Creation Date: 1757-10-24
- Subject Date: 1757-10-24
- Town: Dresden
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 46 cm x 59 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map 9
- Collection: Plymouth Company (1749-1816) records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Eastern River (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Goodwin, Samuel, 1716-1802
- Land grants--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land tenure--Maine
- Landowners--Maine--Dresden--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Mills--Maine--Dresden--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Plymouth Company (1749-1816)--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.