Cobbosseecontee Stream copied July 29, 1765, map 2
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map 2 from the Plymouth Company's collection of papers. This map shows a plan of Cobbosseecontee Stream in Maine, illustrated with a hunter, deer and dog. Cobboseecontee Stream is now called Cobbosseecontee Lake, and Cobbosseconte First Pond, mentioned on the map, is now Pleasant Pond, both located near Augusta.
Towns and locations covered by this map include Gardiner, West Gardiner, Farmingdale, Hallowell, Augusta, Litchfield, Manchester, Winthrop, and Monmouth and Fort Western.
Landowners' names include Benjamin Howells, Silvester Gardiner, Thomas Hancock and James Pitts.
Samuel Goodwin, clerk to the Plymouth Company, copied this plan of McKechnie's.
- Title: Cobbosseecontee Stream copied July 29, 1765, map 2
- Creator: McKechnie, John
- Creation Date: 1765-07-29
- Subject Date: 1765-07-29
- Town: Augusta, Farmingdale, Gardiner, Hallowell, Litchfield, Manchester, Monmouth, Winthrop
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink, wash on paper, map
- Dimensions (cm): 42 x 23
- Local Code: Coll. 60, Map #2
- Collection: Plymouth Company, 1749-1816
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.