Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Memorial Day parade in Springvale with Union Army veterans. The photo was taken about 1900.
Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day, a day to decorate the graves of soldiers who had died in the Civil War.
About This Item
- Title: Memorial Day Parade, Springvale, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Springvale
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Springvale
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dental Offices--Maine--Waterboro
- Business enterprises
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Veterans--Civil War, U.S. 1861-1865--Union
- Parades & processions--Maine--Waterboro
- Parades & processions--Maine--Springvale
- Historic buildings
- Waterboro Grain & Flour
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.