Contributed by Cary Library
Ichabod Bucknam, acting on behalf of the County of Washington, wrote to Samuel Cook of Houlton Plantation. The letter appears to be in response to a petition to build a road from the Baskahegan carrying place to the northern boundary of the Framingham Academy Grant (now the Littleton/Monticello townline). Bucknam states he will need someone familiar with the country and the wishes of the petitioners to meet his party at the carrying place on August 18, 1827 "that the road may be located in the best place."
About This Item
- Title: Ichabod Bucknam to Samuel Cook regarding road building, 1827
- Creator: Bucknam, Ichabod
- Creation Date: 1827-07-16
- Subject Date: 1827
- Town: Baring, Houlton, Littleton, Monticello
- County: Aroostook, Washington
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Library
107 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.